Power Neb Ultra Compressor Nebulizer Features
- Convenient built-in slot for the Neb Kit that allows the Nebulizer to be used hands-free
- Power Neb Ultra unit delivers a consistent particle size of less than five microns, and treatment times that are fast and effective
- Powerful piston pump is quiet, efficient and dependable
- One of the smallest economy neb compressors
What is Power Neb Ultra Used For?
- People with breathing problems, such as Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are often prescribed medicines that minimize or control the symptoms of their disease.
- Compressor Nebulizer Systems deliver these prescribed medications to the lungs.
- Drive Power Neb Ultra Compressor Nebulizer includes an AC powered air compressor to provide a source of compressed air for home health care use.
- This compressor is used in conjunction with a jet (pneumatic) nebulizer to convert the inhalable drugs into an aerosol form for inhalation by a patient.
- The medications and compressor nebulizer systems are used as directed by a physician to maximize the benefits.
- They can be prescribed for everyday use or periodically as symptoms present themselves.
How Does a Compressor Nebulizer Work?
- Most medicines that are to be used with a Compressor Nebulizer System are created in a liquid form. This liquid medication is placed in the nebulizer cup.
- The compressor is connected to the nebulizer by flexible tubing and generates a specific pressure and flow of air that drives the nebulizer.
- The pressurized air produced by the compressor initiates the ability of nebulizer to break down the liquid medication into a very fine mist.
- This mist is often referred to as an aerosol cloud. It is propelled out of the nebulizer and inhaled into the lungs where the medicine is readily absorbed.
- How To Operate Power Neb Ultra Compressor?
- Before each use, inspect the Compressor and nebulizer cup assembly for damage or wear, replace as needed.
- Place the Compressor on a table or other flat stable surface. Be sure to easily reach the controls when seated. Do not use this device on the floor.
- With the power switch in the O (OFF) position, plug the power cord into an appropriate electrical wall outlet.
- Connect one end of the tubing to the compressor air outlet connector.
- Assemble the nebulizer cup and add indicated medication to the nebulizer cup before use.
- Attach the other end of the tubing into the air inlet connector found at the bottom of the nebulizer cup.
- Turn on the Compressor by pressing the power switch to the I (ON) position and begin treatment.
- If treatment needs to be interrupted, simply press the power switch to O (OFF) position.
- When the treatment is complete, turn off the compressor by pressing the power switch to O (OFF) position and unplug the unit from the electrical outlet.
- Always unplug this device immediately after use.
- Do not use this product in or near explosive atmospheres, or where aerosol (spray) products are being used.
- Do not pump combustible liquids or vapors with the product or use in or near an area where flammable or explosive liquids of vapors may exist.
- Do not operate this product in an oxygen enriched environment, i.e. oxygen tent or oxygen hood.
- Use only in well-ventilated areas
Drive Nebulizer Instructions of Cleaning
- All parts of the nebulizer, except tubing, should be cleaned according to the following instructions.
- With the power switch in the “ Off” position, unplug the power cord from wall outlet.
- Disconnect tubing from the air inlet connector and set aside.
- Disassemble mouthpiece or mask from the cap. Open nebulizer by turning cap counterclockwise and remove the baffle.
- Wash all items, except tubing, in a hot water/dishwashing detergent solution. Rinse under hot tap water for 30 seconds to remove detergent residue. Allow to air dry.
- For reusable nebulizer only, it can be cleaned daily in the dishwasher using the top shelf or by following the above cleaning procedure.
- Drive Reusable Nebulizer is dishwasher safe, but do not place any Drive Disposable Nebulizer parts in an automatic dishwasher; doing so could cause damage.
Power Neb Ultra Compressor Cleaning
- With power switch in the “Off ” position, unplug the power cord from wall outlet.
- Wipe outside of the compressor cabinet with a clean damp cloth every few days to keep dust-free.
- Do not submerge in water; doing so will result in compressor damage.
How to change Power Neb Compressor Filter?
- Filter should be changed every 6 months or sooner if filter discolors
- Remove filter by grasping it firmly and pulling out of the unit. Discard old filter.
- Replace with a new Drive filter. Additional filters should be purchased from your Drive provider.
- Push new filter into position
Official claimer : These products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat any disease. Use at your own discretion.
There are no reviews yet.